Ever wanted to carry your VR gear anywhere you wanted? MSI has got you covered. This young company has rolled out a Wearable Virtual Reality Backpack which houses a heavy-duty laptop, connects with the VR headsets, and lets you play any VR game while it stays on your back. Talk about being the Iron Man.
Dubbed as “VR One”, here is the configuration of the laptop it houses in:
- Intel i7 processors and has NVIDIA GTX 1060 and 1070 graphics card which is suitable for high-end gaming with performance.
- Houses 16 GB DDR 4 RAM (2 x 8 GB)
- You can store up to 256 GB to 512 GB.
- Comes preinstalled with Windows 10 Pro.
- The battery is crucial, and you get two to deliver 1.5 hrs of VR gaming.
- 4 VR HMD ports, 1 HDMI, a mini display port, along with a headphone and mic jack.
- Full VR HMD compatible Direct HMD I/O.
- It comes with two hand controllers and a VR headsets which is the Windows Mixed Reality Headset.
- The price starts at $1899 and goes as high as $2,129.
Windows Mixed Reality is natively integrated into Windows 10, and now that Steam games are onboard the Windows 10, it totally makes sense if you have the money, and passion for this kind of gear.
Interesting to note that the MSI VR One has “hot-swap” battery capability. This means you can change the battery without the loss of power to the device which eliminates downtime.
This is an interesting category for sure, premium, but definitely interesting. I am sure some of the game parlours might pick them up, especially as it works with Windows Mixed Reality Headset which doesn’t need any complex camera setup.
Source:| via MSPU