At the Mobile World Congress, Nokia has announced two new phones in the Lumia series, the Lumia 720 and Lumia 520 running Windows Phone 8. Lumia 720 is positioned in the mid range category while Lumia 520 is for budget category. Lumia 720 features a inch screen with and a MP camera. It runs on 1Ghz dual core processor and 512MB RAM.
The Lumia 720 also features innovations that debuted on the Lumia 920 such as enhanced sunlight readability and super sensitive touch. With Nokia Music, HERE location services, NFC and the option of adding snap on wireless charging covers, it’s a lot of phone for this price. One of the biggest features of 720 is that it has an incredible f/1.9 aperture – that’s bigger than almost any high-end smartphone out there.
The Lumia 720 will be available from about €249 before VAT, rolling out from March 2013 and is available in red, white, cyan, black and yellow. The Lumia 720 will be introduced to China in a TD SCDMA variant – bringing this smartphone to the world’s biggest market with the world’s biggest mobile operator.
- GSM/EDGE: 850 (5)/900 (8)/1800 (3)/1900 (2) MHz
- WCDMA: 850 (5)/900 (8)/1900 (2)/2100 (1) MHz
- HSPA+: 21 Mbps, (Cat 14)
- OS: Windows Phone 8, GDR1
- CPU: MSM8227, 1.0 GHz
- RAM: 512 MB
- Storage: 8 GB + microSD Card Slot
- Display: 4.3” ClearBlack WVGA LCD, 2.25 D Glass, Super Sensitive Touch
- Back: 6.7 MPIX, BSI, Auto-Focus, Carl Zeiss, LED flash, HD 720p @ at 30 fps
- Front: Skype HD wide angle (1.3Mpix)
- Connectivity: NFC, A-GPS+GLONASS, WLAN (2.4/5Ghz) a/b/g/n, µUSB, BT 3.0, 3D Accelerometer, Proximity, Magnetometer, Automatic Light Sensor. (No Gyroscope).
- Battery: 2000 mAh battery + Wireless Charging Cover Accessory; standby 520hrs, talk time 13.5hrs
- Audio: 2 HAAC (high-amplitude audio capture) mics, HD Voice (wideband audio, noise cancellation)
- Size: 127.9 x 67.5 x 9mm
- Weight: 128g
- Gloss: White
- Matte: Red, Yellow, Cyan & Black
Lumia 520 is budget phone running Windows Phone 8 with a 4-inch WVGA LCD display, 512MB of RAM, and 8GB of storage. There is no front facing camera and the rear camera is 5MP. It comes in yellow, red, cyan, white and black colors. Lumia 520 will be available for €139 before taxes and subsidies.
It’s planned to start shipping in March – arriving first in Hong Kong and Vietnam, but it will quickly start to reach more markets around Europe, Asia, Africa and Latin America. It will even be coming to the US with T-Mobile and to China with China Mobile as the latest smartphone from Nokia to be sold by the world’s largest mobile operator.
- Operating System: Windows Phone 8
- Networks: WCDMA 900/2100, 850/1900/2100, GSM/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900
- Speed: 3G HSPA+ (21Mbps)
- Memory: 512 MB RAM, 8 GB mass memory, support for microSD cards up to 64GB, 7GB free SkyDrive storage
- Display: 4” IPS LCD WVGA (800 x 480 pixels) 16M colors,
2D hardened glass, super sensitive touch for fingernail and glove use
- Processor: 1 GHz Dual Core Snapdragon™
- Camera: 5Mpix autofocus, video recording HD 720p 30fps
- Size: 119.9 x 64 x 9.9 mm* (*volume thickness)
- Weight: 124g
- Connectivity: WLAN IEEE802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0, Integrated A-GPS, 3.5 mm audio connector, Micro USB with charging, USB 2.0 High Speed
- Battery: 1430mAh
- Audio: single digital microphone, 3.5mm AV connector, MP3 player
- Colours: Yellow, red, cyan, white and black
- Operating times : Windows Phone
- Talk time: up to 9.6 hours (on 3G)
- Standby time: up to 360 hours