I am sure your eyebrows are all high, and so was mine when I first read it. When Windows Phone / Windows 10 Mobile market share has gone below 1%, why any company would launch a phone in this segment. Well, Panasonic did, and they have launched a model which was first announced at MWC 2016. Yeah, almost a year now.
Panasonic Toughpad FZ-F1 is a slim, rugged device which can be used almost anywhere, especially in extreme conditions. It is dirt, drop and water resistant. The device is specifically for enterprise, and not for consumers. Interesting to note that it is powered by Windows 10 IoT Mobile Enterprise which offers
- Native support for barcode scanning and instantaneous application access
- Multiple user profiles.
- Advanced lockdown mode.
- It is powered by Qualcomm® MSM8974AB 2.3GHz Quad Core.
- 4.7-inch high definition 1280 x 720 sunlight-viewable display.
- Quick charging 3200 mAh Li-Ion standard battery pack, and optional 6200 mAh long life battery back with Warm Swap capability.
- Angled 1D/2D barcode reader, NFC, GPS, MicroSD, Dual SIM, USB 2.0 port(micro USB) x 1
- Optional stylus pen
- Toughpad FZ-F1 comes with the latest Windows 10 IoT with enterprise-grade security, manageability and native device interoperability that enables the Internet of Things.
- It is IP65 and IP67 with an all-weather sealed body, including seal covers for the ports.
- It is MIL-STD-810G rated, covering a broad range of environmental hazards
The Toughpad FZ-F1 will cost 109,000 INR which is approximate $1630. More here