Windows 10 has a lot of effects and animations in many places, especially the explorer windows. Open File Explorer, and resize it from full screen to a size where you can see the edges. You will see the shadow effect all around. I have tried using them by removing the shadows and keeping them, and I found the latter to better. The primary reason is removing it gives a sense of border. In this post, I will share how you can remove shadow under windows in Windows 10.
How to Remove Shadow under windows in Windows 10
If you don’t like the shadow effects because they are too much or just your personal choice, you can disable them in Windows 10. Follow the steps below:
- Press Start Button and type “View Advanced System Settings” (control panel)
- There should be just one result. Click to open.
- This particular setting lets you control a lot of system properties, which otherwise is not available to all the users.
- Next, under the Advanced tab, the first able is Performance with “Settings” button. Click again.
- Under Visual Effects, look for an option with a checkbox which says “Show shadows under windows”.
- Uncheck and then apply. It will remove all the shadow effect.
- To revert, check and apply again.
Since you are here, take a look at the tons of customisation Windows 10 offers. While most of them are inherited right from Windows 7, this is till the deficit place for changing any visual settings of the OS. It was very much-needed in Windows 7 and Windows Vista to speed up computer. While Windows 10 is not slow, but if it does get delayed, you can always choose it to adjust for best performance to get rid of all visual effects.
Let us know what you think about this tip, and keep the following use for Windows 10 Tips and Tricks daily!!