Sending the regular text message is still popular, and if you want to send & receive Text Messages from Windows 10 PC, there is a much easier way now. You don’t need to use the Windows messaging app anymore. Windows 10 Mobile has been abandoned. It makes more sense to use modern methods.
Send & Receive Text Messages from Windows 10 PC
In this post, we are covering two methods. First is where Google has implemented a web version of Android Messaging, just like the WhatsApp web. It will work only when your phone has an active internet connection. The second method is using Windows Your Phone Feature.
1] Using Google Android Message on Web
- Open Android Messages in any browser. It will reveal a QR code.
- On your Android Phone, tap on the menu and select Messages for the web.
- In the next screen, tap on the QR code scanner button. It will open the camera app.
- Point towards the QR code, which you see in Android messages.
- Messages will be available on your Windows 10 PC now.
You should be able to see all the messages which are on your phone. To send a message, you can either choose an existing SMS or click on start chat and select a contact. Type the message and send the text. Whenever a new message arrives, you will get a notification on your computer.
Apart from regular messages, you can send a sticker, a photo, and an attachment. They would go through an MMS setting, and since all these are free now, it should be easy to receive it on the other side as well.
2] Using Your Phone Feature in Windows 10
Install “YourPhone Companion App” on your Android or iPhone. Then sign in with the same Microsoft account, which you use on the Windows 10 computer.
- Open Windows Settings using WIN + I, and then click on Phone
- Click on Add a phone to open Link your Android or iPhone to this PC window.
- Enter your phone number to receive a text message to install the app.
- Once it detects the app, it will confirm the linking.
- Launch the YourPhone app on Windows 10. It comes pre-installed on Windows 10.
- When you open it for the first time, the app on your phone will prompt you for permission. Allow it.
- Next, click on the Messages section to view all messages available on your phone.
The app integrates with Windows 10. So every-time you receive a message, a notification appears in the action center.
Using this app, you can send a new message, reply to existing messages, and also copy them to your computer. There is no way to delete the words using this interface.
We hope both of these methods were easy to understand and setup. It allowed you to send text messages from Windows 10 computers.