This is going to help Microsoft big time. SteamVR coming to Windows 10 wants a straight path. There where a bit of doubt if they would become available anytime soon, but then last week everything got sorted out.
This was officially announced through the Steam Community by Jonathan. He said:
Last month, we opened access to the Windows Mixed Reality SteamVR developer preview so developers could try out their experiences. Today, we’re excited to share that customers everywhere can experience more than 2000 titles from the Steam®VR library on a new Windows Mixed Reality immersive headset.
Set up Windows Mixed Reality for SteamVR
Play SteamVR games
- Connect your headset to your PC to open Mixed Reality Portal. Turn on your motion controllers, but don’t put on your headset yet.
- Once the Windows Mixed Reality home has loaded in Mixed Reality Portal and your controllers are visible there, open the Steam app on your desktop.
- Use the Steam app to launch a SteamVR game from your Steam library.
Tip: To launch SteamVR games without taking off your headset, use the Desktop app (Start > Desktop) to view and interact with your PC desktop inside Windows Mixed Reality.
Using mixed reality motion controllers with SteamVR
You’ll use your motion controllers differently in different games. Here are a few basics to help you get started:
- To open the Steam dashboard, press straight down on the left thumbstick.
- To exit a SteamVR game and return to the Windows Mixed Reality home, press the Windows button.
Source: Steam Community