Are you looking for programs to help you out with your video edits? Many tools and programs can enhance your videos like a pro. However, you need to look for software that can cater to the basic needs of video editing that newbies can easily use and understand. It will help you start and practice your skills as you make your way into becoming professional.
The Most Useful Programs For a Beginner Videographer
Here are some of the programs that will help a beginner with their first video edits:
- Video Converter
- Video Cropper
- Video Editor
- Music Downloader And Converter
- Photo Editor
- Font Downloader
Make sure to go through each of these sections to get a clear idea of why you would need each of them.
1. Video Converter
If you want to convert a video from one format to another allowed for uploads and editing, and you don’t know what tool to use, try a video converter. It is a tool where you’ll upload a video file and convert it to a video format that you want. You can either download the program or use an online converter.
To get the best video converter, you should consider the following features:
- Support different video formats – You should use a video converter that supports standard video formats for uploading on various platforms and allows for video editors. These formats are WMV, ASF, MOV, MP4, MPEG, MKV, and more. If you already have a video editor or use platforms like YouTube for your videos, you can counter-check the file format needed to avoid having a hard time converting them to your desired format.
- Allows you to preview the videos before converting them – It’s essential to review the video files you convert to know it’s the right one and don’t waste time changing videos that you’ll not be using.
- With high-quality video output – A good video converter should maintain or improve the video quality of the converted files that can be used and uploaded for viewers to enjoy. Poor-quality videos make the audience lose interest, especially if they don’t see or understand the blurred video.
- Fast speed converter – If you’re going to convert many videos, it’s best to opt for video converters that are fast and can do a lot of work in a short amount of time to help you finish your edits and uploads faster.
- Easy to use and understand – It’s suitable for beginners in video editing to have a video converter that is easy to navigate with a simple user interface to avoid getting confused and lost and wasting chunks of time.
2. Video Cropper
New videographers find some mistakes in their video clips, like the video’s focus was wrong. However, you can still change the focus of your video clip by using a video cropping tool. You can move and adjust the edges of a video to highlight your subject. You can also use this tool to remove distracting objects in the frame, and if your frame size doesn’t fit the standard of the site you’re going to upload the video, you can crop them so that the subject of the video will fit in the frame.
Here are some tips to know that your video cropper works best for you:
- Many cropping settings – Readily available cropping options suit popular platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and more. You also need to check for custom cropping if there is no readily available for the frameset you need.
- Fast cropping – Speed is essential if you set deadlines to finish your work.
- Quality of video is not compromised – It’s vital that even if you apply some changes in your videos, the quality won’t change to cater to your viewer’s needs for high-quality videos.
3. Video Editor
You need to choose a video editor to enhance your clips and put them together to build a story. But not all of them offer the same features that are beginner-friendly, so you need to consider the following:
- Has file transport feature– A good video editing software will accommodate all transfer methods, wherein you can get video clips from your camera, memory card, and more.
- It has many editing features – It also lets you join video clips, cut segments, adjust audio tracks, allow voice-over, have basic corrective video filters. It has many special effects and video filters available. You can even add video transitions between video clips, put titles and subtitles, and more.
- Fast and high-quality video renders – The final video output should have high quality that your viewers will love. The rendering process should not take a very long time to check the video if there are errors immediately and do additional editing just in time for the deadline you set.
4. Music Downloader And Converter
Music is a big part of videos, and it tells how the audience should feel about the clips you share. For example, if it’s a happy scene, you need to add upbeat music. However, you need to get some music online and transfer them to your video editing software. To do this, you need a music downloader or exporter. You can choose the music you want and put the link on the music downloader, and it will be there in no time.
However, you also need a music file converter since some of the downloaders offer a file format that is not compatible with some video editing software. You can use an online music converter or purchase software. Make sure that you double-check the file format allowed so that you won’t waste time converting music files into non-usable formats. Standard file formats are M4A, FLAC, MP3, MP4, WAV, WMA, and AAC.
5. Photo Editor
Some videos require photos, like sharing memories in a story. To add effects to the image to go well with your video edits, you need a photo editor that has lots of features–you can edit the brightness, contrast, saturation, highlight, color, and more. You can also look for readily available filters that fit backstory memories, such as black and white.
6. Font Downloader
Other videos fall into documentary and educational categories that need text to highlight the topic of the video. You can match fonts that fit well with your video edit by having a font downloader. You can choose from thousands of styles and import them into your video.
A beginner in videography can make videos that look professional with the help of the tools and programs that offer features to enhance and improve clips. You can enjoy most of them for free online or purchase them if you have an additional budget.