Xbox Firmware updates recently rolled out an update for the controller as well which enabled quick connection with the console. You will need to physically connect your controller along with chat headset, if any, to update the controller as well. The process is easy and any USB cable does the job smoothly.
- First make sure you have stable internet connection. If yes connect to Xbox Live.
- Next connect the controller to your Xbox One using any USB cable. If you have chat headset or any headset, connect it with the controller.
- Now Press the Menu and go to Settings > Devices & accessories.
- Select the controller and then select then select Update to download the new firmware to the controller.
- You will see a progress screen during this process.
- if you have any other controller, you can swap the controller right now and choose update another.
- Once the update is complete, go back to the screen where you selected the controller and select the same controller to see the updated version no.
Here is a quick video:
Let us know how your controller is performing after this update. Is it better ?