WhatsApp recent update to version 1.5 now brings Group Chat feature which allows you to talk bunch of other users using the same app. Unless you have been living under a rock, WhatsApp is a free texting app which bypasses native messaging service and lets you send sms to anybody using the same App.
How to Create group and Add users :
- Tap on the menu bar and look for option which says Group Chat.
- Next Add a name of the group and add participant using the contact picker.
- Once done everybody will be invited to that group where you can type or send a Voice Message.
- To delete a contact from the group, long press a contact when you are in chat mode and you will get an option to do that. Oddly this option should have been in where I add the contact in the group because this will be like kicking a person out of the conversation or may be its there for that.
- Group name gets listed under Chats section though I was hoping a dedicated screen for this.
Apart from this WhatsApp also supports Hyperlinks in Chat, Improved performance for deletion of large conversation, Adding removing Message from Local Storage and faster creation of favorites. Via Plaffo