After a long time, WhatsApp for Windows Phone has got some major update rolling out now. This update rolls in loads of features including some basic ones which were much needed. Here is the list:
- WhatsApp now opens faster which means, it will definitely performing better on low end Windows Phone
- Drag and Drop Pins to share location instantly.
- Add captions to images and video before you share them in a group or individual
- Finally, your friends dont have to turn their phone if the images you were sending had wrong orientation.
- You can clear of group chat by using the archive option to chats and groups
- Each chat or group can now have it’s own background
- Better support for phones with high-resolution screens
DONT UPDATE | THE PROBLEM IS FIXED NOW
That said, the app is sarcastically not working for many after updating, including me. I have tried reinstalling, restarting my phone and it just doesn’t work. It was not able to restore from my previous back-up, and while restoring it just fails to create the chats and says “None of your contacts are using WhatsApp”. There is definitely an issue where Whatsapp and Contact Sync fail.
I was not able to see my messages, no chat groups or even pictures. I hope WhatsApp Fixes this and with my previous backup, hopefully things will be good.
I have updated mine and got the same issue.. :( sad
Works fine for me. I just did and update on Lumia 925 running Lumia Cyan + Windows Phone 8.1 update 1.
yep. same here. get nothing but an empty chats screen.
Not working to me too
Same here, please someone let us know when the issue is fixed. Thanks!
Updated on my Lumia 1020 and it stopped worked. Any solution yet?