Last week Microsoft announced its biggest update coming to PC, and Mobile aka The Creators Update–and they promised that the bull is coming to Windows Insiders this week, and so here it is.
Now before you get excited, looks like Microsoft has planned to enable all showcased features in sets, and as they point out
The new and exciting visible features you saw shown off at the event will start rolling out in builds in the coming weeks. Features such as the Paint 3D Preview are now available for Insiders to try right now! We’re excited to get the more of the new Creators Update features in the hands of Insiders in the next couple of months.
- Unified Update Platform: This build for Mobile is being published using our new update publishing system called Unified Update Platform (UUP).
- Controlling the Display Scaling of your Virtual Machines (PC): We’ve heard your feedback that Hyper-V Virtual Machines sometimes aren’t scaled as you’d expect, so we’ve added a new Zoom option in the View menu, where you can override the default scaling and set it to 100, 125, 150 or 200 – whichever matches your preference. Along the way, we also fixed an issue where certain VMs wouldn’t display the remote desktop connection bar after entering full screen mode. We are still refining the experience so there might be some rough edges. For example, although we added zoom levels to handle high DPI more gracefully, when zooming you won’t be able to see the VM’s whole screen without scrolling.
While there is nothing new for Windows 10 Mobile, but you have some great improvements.
- The data usage page in Settings via Settings > Network & wireless > Data usage has been updated with performance and UI improvements.
- We fixed issues preventing Insiders from adding cards to Wallet and paying using tap to pay.
- We fixed an issue resulting in being unexpectedly able to close Start in the task switcher.
- We fixed an issue resulting in certain options for default calling app via Settings > System > Phone > Default apps from being unexpectedly missing.
- We fixed an issue causing apps that play media in the background, such as Groove Music, to stop when Battery Saver turns on.
- We fixed an issue Insiders may have experienced where the phone would get into a state where copy/paste wouldn’t work until the device had been restarted.
- We fixed an issue where Settings might hang after unchecking “Let apps automatically use this VPN connection” in VPN Settings.
Those who still are waiting for the new updates on their phone, be aware that the full list of supported phones include Lumia 430, 435, 532, 535, 540, 640, 640 XL, 730, 830, 930, 1520, Icon, BLU Win HD including LTE, Lumia 550, 650, 950, 950 XL, Acer Jade Primo and HP Elite X3. In case you still haven’t got it, here is what you need to do.
- Download the Upgrade Advisor App.
- Check for updates. This will get you the anniversary update.
- Once done, make sure to signup for insiders by navigating to Settings > Update > Windows Insiders Program and subscribe to Fast ring. This will get you Creators update.