Microsoft promised Gears of War Ultimate Edition for PC, and it’s now available for all Windows 10 PC for $29.99. The game is the same as Xbox One, which means you get the same campaign and multiplayer mode. The game supports 4K resolution and a constant 60 frames-per-second, which is better than Xbox One, but your PC should be able to handle it. This is for Single-Player campaign mode.
So what is that your PC needs to have to run this mammoth? McRae has a few points. He said:
On Ultimate Edition’s Windows version, “medium” settings will net you performance on-par with how the game runs on Xbox One. A system with a “high-end” GPU running the game at the highest settings will be able to achieve 60 frames-per-second at 4K in the single-player campaign and stay quite close to that benchmark in multiplayer.
To help users achieve those settings without needing to spend big on a high-end card, the development team at The Coalition is working to implement DirectX 12’s Multi adapter feature, allowing systems to recruit resources from multiple GPUs to bolster an application’s performance. Think: multi-GPU technologies like NVIDIA’s SLI or AMD CrossFire, but without the need for matching video cards. It won’t be supported when Ultimate Edition releases for PC, but McRae assured us that his team works to make it a reality.
- Every aspect of the original Gears of War has been beautifully remastered and modernized, including lighting, environments, characters, and cinematic scenes. This is the first at its best!
- Play in stunning 4K with an unlocked refresh rate.
- Includes five additional, exhilarating campaign missions that follow Delta Squad as they battle their way to Timgad Station, not included in the Xbox 360 original.
- Go deeper into Gears fiction with five Gears of War comic books, which can be unlocked and read within the game.
- Remastered for 7.1 Surround Sound.
- The most visceral online shooter returns with multiplayer matches running on fast and fair dedicated servers with unlocked refresh rates. ·
- Includes all original Xbox 360 DLC multiplayer maps and three multiplayer maps from the original Gears of War PC version for an incredible 19 total multiplayer maps.
- Newly added multiplayer modes include Team Death Match, King of the Hill, Blitz, and a special 2v2 mode designed by the Gears of War community.
- Returning multiplayer modes include Warzone, Assassination, Execution, and Annex.