While Windows 10 Mobile Build “Redstone” 14342 got some solid updates, one of the “Not” talked improved is the Windows 10 Store itself. The update has revamped the Store UI completely, and focuses on the devices feature majorly which is one step towards the Universal Store that will be rolled out for Xbox, Windows 10 PC, Mobile, Surface HUB and HoloLens.
Note : You dont have to be on Build 14342 to get the update. You just need to be on Redstone Branch 14XXX
- Improved Vertical Layout
- Reviews have been pushed to bottom end along with the rating, though you can see the star rating right next to the app name.
- Apps and games now have a banner.
- Category listing on Home Page of the store looks much sleek.
- Playable On : This gives you a clear idea on which devices the app is now available.
- You now have “Launch” Button instead of Open.
- App menu is re-ordered. Downloads and Updates now have more priority over the rest.
- Recently Updated Section under the Download and Updates page. This will come in handy if you always wanted to know about an update, but wanted to take place automatically as well.
- Download Button now acts as progress bar. Once download is complete, the button takes you to app store listing of that app.
- Game HUB button for Games. When you click on it will open Xbox App.
Now here is the deal, the same store update has been rolled out for PC as well, but it throws an error 0x80073CF3. The download goes fine, but installation just freezes it out. Is the app performing well. Simple answer, not up to the mark. It still laggy, but then its beta. Once enough feedback reaches, expect another update.
I am sure there many more changes, let us know what you find with your experience.