Just like Window 10, Xbox also received the Creators Update, and if you have never been to one of those insiders build, It’s going to be an amazing update for you. The update is on the line to make Guide actually useful, and gamers spend less time navigating around to find stuff.
So before we start talking about the tips, first update.
Go to Settings > System > Update. If you are in the mode where the updates can download, and console can update by itself, I am sure you are already looking at that new dashboard. If now just check it manually. It’s a big update so make sure have some movie time with it.
How to close an app or game when not on Home Screen?
- Press guide button.
- Find the app or game which should be on the Recent List.
- Press menu button on the controller.
- Quit or Close.
How to Instantly Appear Offline?
- Press Guide Button on the controller.
- Navigate to the top till you find your profile.
- Look for a down arrow icon right where your GameScore is displayed.
- Select Appear Offline.
This was previously available under edit profile option.
How to Instantly Record Longer with Game DVR option:
The default recording time for DVR is set to 15 seconds. The default can be changed, but if you want to record for longer or shorter time on the fly, how do we do that?
- When in a game, press guide and you should see an extra fly out with option for Screenshot, record that and Game DVR
- Press Menu to open more DVR option.
- Here you can select to start recording, and options to record from 15 seconds to 5 minutes.
- You can also open your captures right from here.
How to Watch a Game Play of your Friend ?
Xbox now has native integration for Beam.pro. The option is available right in the Guide and it is easy to set it up with your Xbox Account.
Now if any of your friends is playing a game, and broadcasting it, you can join to watch the game play. The option is available under Join party or the game of the gamers profile. It is labeled as Join Broadcast. You will be able to hear them or chat with them if the option is enabled for the broadcasting.
How to Track Achievements when playing a game?
If you are one of those gamers who always hunt for achievements to get your Gamerscore up, Xbox Creators Update makes sure you track them as you play the game.
- Press guide button once.
- Launch the game you want to play.
- Scroll to the top till you find the Achievement tracker.
- Look for achievement tracker toggle. Turn it on.
- You can select where it appears on the screen by using the configure tracker.
- You can choose a number of achievements to show.
- Transparency level
Family Features & Screen time limits:
Just like on Windows 10 PC, you can now control when, and how your children use Xbox One. Update with Family features, you can select those limits for your kids, and enforce them when they sign-in. However, you will have to use the web interface to manage them. Head over microsoft.com/family, turn on and set Xbox One and PC screen time limits separately for each child.
Let us know in the comments if you find something interesting.