Xbox One App on Windows 10 is the most important app for gamer on Xbox One gamer and the PC. It has lot of features that you will love, and make it as your central place for all gaming activities. In this post, I am sharing list of must know features of Xbox One App.
Stream Games from Xbox One to Windows 10
This is probably the best feature of the app, and Windows 10. If for some reason, your TV is engaged, you can still stream your Xbox One Games to Windows 10 using this app. Check out the video below or read this post:
Record Game Plays, Take Screenshots and Share:
The DVR feature lets you record games, the one you play within the app or when you stream. Check out the video for that.
Now lets come to taking Screenshots. Press WIN+ ALT + Print scrn on Keyboard, and a screenshot will be saved in a folder at C:\Users\XXXX\Videos\Captures. Replace XXXX with username. One thing you should know that images cannot be shared because its only designed for games.
Change DVR keyboard shortcuts :
Those who are running Windows 10 on Mac where you don’t get all custom keys, but you can change these hot keys to one that fits your keyboard. You can also use it to make things simpler for you on Windows, just don’t mix with shortcuts by other apps or system.
In Xbox One App:
- Select Settings > Game DVR. Here you will have all shortcuts listed.
- There will be a box next to predefined shortcuts which will have non by default. Select it.
- Now use control/shift keys like that along with one alphabet and then save.
Switch to High Quality Recording & Longer Game Play:
Go to Settings > Game DVR and now scroll past the keyboard shortcuts. There are couple of options which you should change and enable.
- Record That : This allows you to start recording by pressing the default recording key WIN + G. You can configure to record to max of 10 minutes and can enabled to work on battery and wireless display.
- Clips: You can change from 30 minutes to max of 2 hours.
- Video Recording: You can change both of them to high so when the video is recorded its of good quality.
- Audio : You can enable or disable audio recording and also control the quality.
Start Xbox Live Party Chat from the App
This was recently introduced, and still in beta. When you launch the app, the option is available on the right bar under find people search.
- Click on Start Party.
- Next you will be able to add people from your offline and online list.
- You have control over Audio and go only invite based to include people in the party.
Managing Messages & Report Xbox Messages as Spam :
When in the app, select the icon on the left bar that looks like message.
- Right click on any of the message to delete or block.
- To report a message as spam, first get into the conversation and then right click to report.
Add Game from Your PC to Xbox One:
Any Xbox Live enabled game that you have on your PC gets listed in the Xbox App on Windows 10. Now, if this app is the center of everything you do with gaming, Microsoft does allow you to include a game which is installed on your PC and launch it right from there.
- In the Xbox App, click on the controller icon on the left. This will launch my games section.
- To include one of the games installed on your PC, click on the big button on top right which says “Add a game from your PC”
- This lists all the programs installed, and you will need to find your game and select it.
Technically it can include any program, so if you are one of those guys who need to have one of your music or video player getting listed, you can do that as well.
I am sure there are lot many things that can be done with Xbox One App, and we will keep sharing as we learn it. In case you know, do share with us in the comments.