If there is one thing you have to love about Microsoft and Xbox is that they listen to the community. Today, MajorNelson has announced some small, but incredibly useful features for Xbox Live which will bring excitement to the Xbox Gamer Community. It was already available to Insiders last month and is now available to the broader community starting today. Here is the list of features:
Profile and Activity Feed
- Beam integration in Xbox One makes sure anybody can broadcast their games. This means your friend should be able to watch it as well. This is why there is a New ‘Join broadcast’ button in your profile. This is available for each profile where you see the Join Party and Join Game option. It becomes enabled only when you are broadcasting.
- In your Activity Feed, we’re adding the ability to hide individual posts, pin posts to the top of your feed, and filter posts by friends, games or Clubs.
Clubs and Looking for Group (LFG)
- You can now see hero stats from gamers interested in joining your party. Hero stats are contextual to the game you’re playing, showing you relevant stats like kill/death ratio, rank, or score. This has been waited for a very long time and will make sure that you have right games for the gameplay you are looking forward to the game with.
- You can search for LFG posts from the Achievements tab, related to the Achievement you’re trying to finish.
- Number of open LFG posts to the Game Hub and Club Hub headers.
- You can recreate new LFG post based on the previous post, and it includes all the recent tags you’ve used and easily select them.
- Club owners and admins will be identified and labeled in their text posts to better help them stand out and manage their community.
- Club owners and admins can pin a post at the top of their Club feed.
My Games and Apps, and Settings
- In ‘My Games and Apps,’ we’re adding the ability to filter your game library by platform – Xbox One and Xbox 360.
What do you think of the update?