In a surprising move, a few days ago, Google announced that their YouTube TV app is available for big screens, including Xbox One family of devices (Xbox One, Xbox One S, and Xbox One X). Google and Microsoft don’t have a great history going being together on something common, but it seems like the recent progress of Xbox One has bent the rules.
That said, the app has already been spotted in the Microsoft Windows Store and should go live on Xbox One consoles soon. The app is similar to Amazon’s Fire Stick TV service and others, which lets you watch US consumers’ shows from live sports, news, and others. You will be able to resume back to continue.
Spotted by Aggiornamentilumia, the app offers some great features:
- Cable-free live TV. No cable box required.
- Watch major broadcast and cable networks, including ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, ESPN, AMC, and more, including your local sports & news channels.
- Watch on all your devices, including the big screen with Google Chromecast or Apple Airplay.
- Watch on-the-go with your smartphone, tablet, or computer.
- Cloud DVR without DVR storage space limits. Each recording will be stored for 9 months.
- Six YouTube TV accounts per household. Everyone gets their own login, recommendations, and DVR.
- No commitment, no contracts; cancel anytime.
- Start your free trial today.
List of channels available in YouTube TV App:
- Broadcast: ABC, CBS, The CW, FOX, NBC
- Sports: Big Ten Network, CBS Sports Network, Comcast RSN (regional), ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNews, ESPNU, Fox RSN (regional), FS1, FS2, Golf Channel, NBCSN, NESN, SEC Network, Tennis Channel, YES Network
- Entertainment & LifeStyle: AMC, BBC America, Bravo, Chiller, E!, Freeform, FX, FXM, FXX, IFC, Nat Geo, Nat Geo Wild, Oxygen, SundanceTV, SyFy, Universal HD, USA, YouTube Red Originals, WE tv
- News: BBC World News, CNBC, Fox Business, Fox News, MSNBC, Newsy
- Kids: Disney Channel, Disney Junior, Disney XD, Universal Kids
- Spanish Language: Universo, Telemundo